Sopwith authorized the construction of
two machines on 7 May 1914 for the planned Gordon Bennett Cup race. The outbreak of war prevented the holding of the contest and both were completed and purchased by the Admiralty. In naval service, one went to France for a time, before being deleted in March 1916. The second was deleted at Chingford in July 1915.
No comments:
Post a Comment